We just returned from one of the worst doctor's appointments ever. I'm still sweating.
First of all I had all 3 boys with me.
3 hats to take off, 3 coats to take off ~ 3 hats to put on, 3 coats to put on
We were at the ENT for Park's post-op appointment to check his ears. Well he failed his hearing test miserably. After looking in his ears they decide that the tubes are in place properly but aren't functioning because of all the muscus/drainage/crud in his ears. They tell me that they'll have to clean his ears. Sounds harmless, right?
I had to sit holding him in my lap, his back on my chest, hugging his arms so he can't move them. Then I had to pin his legs between mine so he couldn't kick. The nurse held his head. Then the doctor stuck some kind of tube thing in his ear and then inside of that he shoved some vacuum thing into my child's brain, I mean, ear. And then he turned it on. He kept telling me that it wasn't hurting Park but it was just loud. I believe him because once it was over Park was fine. But OH MY THE SCREAMING! So Park got both ears vacuumed out as well as a ton of drops in each one. Hopefully this will help his tubes to start functioning.
We have to continue the drops and go back in for another checkup on Tuesday.
If they need cleaned out again I've already called, "Not it."
Your turn Colby.
No comments:
Post a Comment