Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One Month Old

My little Parker is one month old!

Yes, time is flying! I'm a tiny bit sad because I know he is my last baby but then again, I really don't enjoy the floppy infant stage....

I weighed him myself here at the house and I think he's already over 12 pounds. He's obviously a really good eater!! I'm breastfeeding him and let me just tell you - I think those lactation consultants at the hospitals lie to you. I remember with Wade them telling me, "Don't worry honey. You've never breastfed before, he's never breastfed before, you're both learning." After 3 kids, I really think it's all about the mom. I remember sitting on my couch, sweating, just trying to get Wade to latch on. (I don't really like that phrase but what else can I call it?!) I truly think there's something to the whole *just relax* thing. I've been so less stressed this time around and I think your baby picks up on that.

Anyways, on to Parker!!

What can he do?

Ummmm, spit up. All three of my boys have been spitter-uppers. And not just a little. But Park & I have it down now. After he eats he gives me a big, huge burp and then within 10 seconds he loses half his meal.

He's -starting- to smile, I think. I haven't gotten a big, huge grin yet but I think it's coming.

He's also a pro at putting himself to sleep. I started from day one laying him down in his crib at naptime awake. He will cry for a couple minutes but then falls asleep. I'm so proud! He's also good at staying asleep when I have to yank him out of his bed to go pick up his brothers or run to the grocery.

We just changed pediatricians because I very much disliked the ones we were going to. I also want to modify Park's immunization schedule and they wouldn't let me. So we are heading to our new doctors next week for his 1 month checkup. Then we'll see how big he really is getting!

Here are some recent pics....


Watching the UK game

Bath time

Chillin'

Trying to smile

1 month pictures
Holding his own sign
Really Mom??

Falling over - cruel but so cute!

Had to let you see his tail!!

1 comment:

  1. One month already?! I loved the, "falling over" one. So cute. :) He's a sweetie, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete