I'm kinda torn.
Thumb suckers make GREAT babies.
However, we're finding it pretty near impossible to break Wade of the habit. He knows he's only allowed to to suck his thumb in his room but man he goes to town on that thing at night! He has a big callous on it that will sometime crack open and bleed. I keep telling him that his thumb is falling off but he's not buying it.
Any suggestions of things that have worked to break your thumb suckers of the habit?
www.onestepahead.com
ReplyDeletelook up ThumbGuard
No- joke saw this thing in a magazine! It is a weird crazy thing....couldn't believe it. But I don't know any adults who still suck their thumb so eventually he's gotta nix it right???
carey
oh my word. i don't have any advice on the thumb sucking but that is the cutest picture of him!!!!
ReplyDeleteTry having him lotion up his hands with antibacterial gel before bedtime. It tastes like crap and he'll not want to suck his way through the yuck.
ReplyDeleteMy little brother sucked his thumb til he was 11 or 12! He finally gave it up on his own, but my mom tried EVERYTHING. His teeth are perfect and the callous eventually went away. I never sucked my thumb and yet I had to have braces...Go figure! - Michelle Rawlings
ReplyDelete