
Well, we've survived the first three weeks!
We followed the Babywise philosophy with Wade and Jake and are doing it again with Park. And I would highly recommend this book to any and all parents!
The main concept is the way you order your day.
Eat.
Waketime.
Then naptime.
Parker is on a 3 hour schedule. And yes, I am the crazy mom that wakes her sleeping baby. No demand feeding in our house. And believe me I know there are a lot of people that disagree with this philosophy. But you know what? It WORKS! And it worked for Wade. And Jake. And it's working for Parker too. I've had people tell me that I'm starving my baby by not feeding him whenever he cries. However another important concept of Babywise is giving your baby full feedings and not letting them snack. The fact that Parker regained his birthweight in 6 days instead of the typical 2 weeks is proof that scheduling your baby does not equal starving him!
And I love schedules.
It makes me a much more confident mom.
Even the third time around.
Yay for Park eating well! I was doing a form of Babywise and didn't know it until afterwards. I ALWAYS woke Lila (during the day) to eat and she slept/ate SO well for me, too.
ReplyDeleteI wore Lila's weight gain like a badge of honor.
Sister, if it works for you - DO IT!
You go girl! You are a great mommy!! Babywise finally set in for my 4th child...why did it take me SOOO long:) I love how much that kid sleeps! Love ya...nellie
ReplyDelete