Dilated? Nope.
Effaced? Nope.
Anything? Nope.

So we talked about how we are going to go about getting this baby OUT. She is going to give me another week to see if things start on their own. Then more than likely after my next appt (Tuesday) I will either be facing Cervidil that night and/or Pitocin the next morning. And we all know that Pitocin is from the devil!!! She tried to scare us with a bunch of worst case scenarios since they believe this baby is so big.
A little background for those who don't know...
I was induced with Wade on the evening of my due date. I started pushing at 2pm the next day and he wasn't born until 7:28pm. I got an epidural but it didn't work. At. All. I know birthing a baby is supposed to be a wonderful thing but it was seriously one of the worst days of my life. Wade was 8 lbs 1 oz.
So I spent the whole 9 months of pregnancy with Jake praying for my next anesthesiologist. I just knew I couldn't go through that again. I refused induction with Jake and went into labor on my own 3 days late. And once again the epidural didn't work. But I only pushed for 1 hr 15 minutes with him so it was a much better experience. Jake was 8 lbs 14 oz but I would have sworn that he was smaller than Wade.
So in my mind, induction = worst day ever. If at all possible I would love to have this little man on his own terms like I did with Jake. However, his (estimated) size is freaking out my doctors.
But, I just don't feel like this baby is any bigger than Wade or Jake!
My verse of the month:
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of LABOR! For the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you. Deut. 31:6
I love that God knew some of us go beyond afraid and become terrified! But it doesn't matter because He is going with me into that delivery room.
Bottom line? Please pray that this baby decides to make his appearance before Tuesday!!!!
Fabulous birth. And, I hope that the epidural works this time and that you do NOT need to be induced.
ReplyDeleteBlech.