Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tear ducts take 3

See this place?

Yep, we have too.

FIVE times since June 2008.

This, my friends, is the Hamot Surgery Center.  And as we walked out of there today I said goodbye.

And I meant it!!!

We are beyond blessed because none of our children's surgeries have been anywhere near serious.  Ear tubes, tonsils, tear duct... 

And we know there are some of you that have had to walk through horribly painful medical issues with your children.  You are so brave.  And so strong.  Even if you don't feel like it, I know you are!

 I know because going through these last 5 small, insignificant, easy procedures has not been easy.  It's so hard to watch your babies go through something painful and scary.  You would take their place in a heartbeat.

Today our youngest, Park, had his 3rd procedure to try to open up his tear ducts. 

(Click here to read about Try #1 Try #2 Try #2)

We had to be there at 8:30.  We had to literally keep Parker upstairs until it was time to leave because we knew that if he even got a glimpse of the kitchen and couldn't eat that he would have freaked out!!

Trying to smile

That's better :)  I never want him to grow up....

Big brother Jake chillin in pre-op with us

In the recovery room.  Doesn't he break your heart?  (After his face had been cleaned...  see below!)

Finally at home - pitiful, huh?

Bloody goofball
The surgery, which placed tubes in his tear ducts that will remain there for up to 6 months, took about 20 minutes and his time in the recovery room was really short.  He woke up so easily and never even cried once.  But before we were taken back to the recovery room the doctor warned us - and I quote - "he's a bloody mess."  Awesome.  Thanks for the warning I guess?!  He was definitely right.  Blood from his eyes and his nose was ALL OVER HIS FACE!  And so far that's been the only thing we're dealing with...  a constant bloody nose.  It's definitely worse than the last time but we were assured that it's normal for up to 36 hours.

We are praying that these tubes will correct the problem this time!  We won't know until the tubes are removed as the opening of the tube, which can be seen if you look hard enough, somewhat blocks the opening of the duct - therefore we're still going to be dealing with teary eyes for awhile!! 

Thank you all for your prayers, emails, phone calls, and texts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment