So with as much experience as my 3 year old already has in the medical field, I'm thinking that he's bound to wind up pursuing a degree in medicine. The kid loves his trips to the doctor and even enjoys giving blood. I'm not kidding - he calls his blood his "jake juice" and he eagerly watches the whole thing.
A couple weeks ago Jake had a pretty bad headache. Practically in the middle of screaming and thrashing around he instantly fell asleep. I put him in his bed and went to check on the other two boys. When I came back and lifted him up to hold him he was completely limp with his arms and head just hanging there. Throughout the next hour I held him as he went between sleeping and being awake, eyes open, but unresponsive. But about 2 hours after the whole thing began he was fine. Completely fine. Like up playing around fine.
The next day when I told my mom everything she practically made me call the doctor just to explain what happened. So because I'm a good daughter I did as I was told. :) Well they made us come in right away and then ended up sending us straight to the hospital for a ct scan. Thankfully the only thing they found on the ct scan was a sinus infection!
Then on Tuesday Jake was scheduled for an EEG. Both Colby & I were able to be there with Jake because our awesome neighbor, Leslie, came over to watch Wade & Park. (Thank you so much Leslie!! We owe you!) The EEG was tough. After sitting there forever while the technician applied all the wires to his head, he then had to lay there (perfectly still) for like 35 minutes. The first couple minutes were easy because the tech, through an intercom, was telling him to open his eyes... or close his eyes... blinking lights at him, etc. But then for the last 30 minutes he had to lay still with his eyes closed. Can you imagine how hard that is for a 3 yr old boy!?! But he made it and now we are waiting to get the results. The doctors think it's possible that he could have had a seizure so hopefully this test will be able to rule that OUT! We are praying and trusting that this was a one time thing and we can leave it all behind us. Would you pray that with us too?


I will surely pray for Jake, your family and the doctors that all of you will have wisdom to figure out what next to do. God Bless you Kristen!
ReplyDelete