Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's in the trash

 I remember the day...  it was in the early spring of 2005...  the day we bought the crib where we'd eventually put three of the most precious little boys down for each of their naps and to bed each night.

That scratched, floor model, generously discounted, now illegal drop side crib served us well. 

I (almost) shed a little tear when we put it on the curb.
One of Park's first naps in his new bed
Time to get up?

First he puts his paci away
Then he scoots down to the end of the bed
Ready?
Almost down
All done!
We've had tremendous success at transitioning the boys out of their cribs at an early age. (between 20-22 months)

Their bed is introduced to them as the place where they sleep and we never allow them to play on it. We've also always used a regular size twin bed, turned backwards into the corner, so that with the help of a rail they are completely boxed in. I ask Park each night when I put him to bed, "What do you yell in the morning when you wake up?" And he always answers me, "MOOOOOMMMMMYYY!" He is not allowed out of his bed until one of us comes to get him in the morning or after naps.  All three of our boys are vastly different but none of them ever got of their beds, ever.  I believe that if you train them young it's so much easier!! 

I'm curious, what worked for you??

No comments:

Post a Comment