Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This was a huge Thanksgiving in our house.  It was my first time ever making a turkey.

And I had absolutely no idea what to do.

I knew enough to know that I had to thaw the dumb thing. But I had to google how to properly make that happen. Google told me that I had to let it thaw slowly in the fridge. So Sunday I squeezed the huge thing in our refrigerator. By Tuesday it felt just as frozen to me as it had on Sunday. (It had been in my freezer for a complete year - that's okay, right?!) So I figured I'd let it sit out in the garage for a while on Tuesday night.

Wednesday morning, on my way to get out the door to take Jake to preschool, guess who greets us in the garage? The stupid turkey. I had totally forgotten about him. At this point he is clearly unfrozen. So I quickly stick him back in the fridge and tell no one.

So now it's finally Thursday. Thank the Lord above for Skype. Sitting on my counter? The bird and the computer... my mom walked me through the whole thing. And I'm happy to report that in cleaning out the insides I found ice! (Among other things. That nasty neck is another whole post.) I guess he didn't thaw out as much as I feared!

Here are a couple pics from our first little Thanksgiving at home.


Doesn't look bad, does it??

My boys.  My world.

They loved using the fancy glasses!

Sweetheart.

Me & little JD.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed. I have never, ever, made a turkey. I'm sort of afraid, too. :) GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete