Friday, September 30, 2011

Nope. Not a chipmunk.

I got a frantic call from my friend Shaina this morning.

There was an animal in her house and there wasn't a single man available to come get rid of the uninvited guest.

I had just dropped Jake off at preschool so Park & I headed up to her house to scream with her help her.

When we walked in Shaina was sitting high up on the arm of the couch squealing and pointing to the corner.  We calmly (ha!) assessed the situation, determined that there was a sweet, lost chipmunk under her ottoman and we gathered our weapons.  Shaina (8 months pregnant) was armed with 2 long pieces of wood and I got a broom.  After 5 long minutes of jumping, screaming, Parker crying, more jumping, pointing, running, and more screaming we finally got the "chipmunk" out of the house and onto the front porch.

It turns out that our chipmunk was not in fact a chipmunk.

We had done battle with a flying squirrel.

Yep, check out the pictures.

Crazy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment