Have you ever rearranged a room? Ever moved the couch over there? Or put the chair on that wall? Maybe tried the bed under the window? Sometimes throwing in a new accessory makes a huge difference. Sometimes removing a piece helps. And after you're done it's like seeing that room with a new set of eyes.
Same room.
Just totally rearranged.
That's the best way I can describe my heart lately.
Rearranged. God's moving some stuff around. I'm seeing things through new eyes. And Colby is right there with me. To be honest he was there before me.
It all boils down to one thing. Money. Do you know there are over 800 verses in the Bible dealing specifically with money. Why? I think it's because God knew how important money would be to us and how tightly we would hold on to it.
I'm a CPA. Budgets are in my blood. I love numbers. I've always made sure that our financial picture as a family was a healthy one. We don't live beyond our means. We act our wage. We tithe to God's church.
Our "room" looked pretty nice.
But God wants to rearrange it and make it look amazing. And we're listening. Finally.
While we've never made it a priority to pursue the American Dream, I believe we have been by default... college, marriage, good jobs, kids, nice house. But we want to make sure the only thing we are pursuing is our relationship with the Lord.
The one tangible thing that we've decided to do is sell our house. I LOVE our house. We built it. We picked out everything in this house. I love the woods in the backyard. I love the neighborhood. I love God more. We don't need this house. We don't need this much room. We don't need to waste this much money each month on a mortgage payment. Just thinking about what we could do with that extra money has us excited... we want to give more... we want to simplify... we want to raise generous kids.
I love my husband. He patiently waited for me to shut down my analytical thinking and helped bring me to the place where I am right beside him saying, "Yep. Let's do this God. We're ready. Rearrange our thinking. Rearrange our finances. Rearrange our hearts."
And my prayer is that we are continually rearranged.
Everyday.
What a phenomenal post - thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis brought tears to my eyes:
"Yep. Let's do this God. We're ready. Rearrange our thinking. Rearrange our finances. Rearrange our hearts."
I'm pulling for you all. I hope your home sells quickly so that you are quickly on to the bigger and better things that God has planned for you two crazy kids and your sweet boys.