Friday, March 25, 2011

Hallie Jo

I'm an aunt again!!!!

My little sister, Kendra, just gave birth to her second daughter. We got the phone call that we'd been waiting for on Wednesday morning. I had just walked into my office when Kendra called to say *this is it!!!* I struggled through the day, texting her constantly, wanting updates!

By 4pm Jake & I were on the road headed to Michigan. My dad (who hates having to watch *not literally* his daughters give birth) volunteered to stay at the Butlers that night and babysit Jake and the new big sister Ella. So my mom & I headed to the hospital around 11pm. And at 1:57pm on Thursday little Hallie Joanne entered the world. She weighed 7lbs 11 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. Kendra, who delivered her via VBAC, was such a good laborer!!! I am so proud of her!!! Way to go Kendra :)

I will always remember the moment when Ella met her baby sister and I was honored to get to witness it. There's nothing like a sister. I love you Kendra ~ you're a wonderful Mommy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, congratulations! How wonderful. So glad to hear that Mommy and baby girl are doing well. AND that your sister had a successful VBAC. So awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete