Well, we gave it a shot.
Jake stopped his medication on June 1. And the month of June he did great.
Then came July.
We enjoyed a great 4th of July weekend and put him to bed healthy on Monday night. But Tuesday morning he woke up sick. All his symptoms - high fever, lethargic, sores covering the back of his throat - they were all back full force.
We immediately started him back on his medicine and by Friday his fever was gone but he was still struggling with the sores in his mouth. He would cry and ask for medicine and I'd have to tell him that there was nothing I could do. He'd cry some more and ask me why not?! It breaks my heart not being able to help him!
I emailed his Rheumotologist, who by the way, emailed me back while he was on vacation! We are going to discuss what to do next when he gets back in the office but for now we will just keep him on his medicine.
The average age kids outgrow PFAPA is 10. We've got a ways to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment