Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas 2010 continued

Christmas afternoon we packed up the van and headed to Cedar Point's Castaway Bay as a final Christmas present for the boys. In spite of all the white, winter bodies in way too skimpy bathing suits... we had fun!!

Plus I learned 4 important things:

1. Remember the scene in the movie The Blind Side where the kid said something like, "I've never had one all to myself before".... and he was talking about the bed? Well, this is how the conversation went in my family. We check in to the hotel, get our room keys, haul all our stuff up the room, open the door and walk in. Jake takes a look at the room and the two beds and promptly turns around and asks Colby & me where we are going to sleep. Obviously, my 3 year old feels entitled to his own bed and thinks his big brother deserves his own too. Yikes. We've got some work to do.

2. Luggage carts make great room dividers. Just keep them in your room at night and throw one of those nasty hotel bedspreads over it. Instant sibling separation.

3. I'm not a huge fan of housekeeping in hotels. Especially if we're not there that long... how about I just call you if I need new towels? So on our way back to the room one day I grabbed another tiny bottle of conditioner off of an unattended cart in the hallway. And *wow* did I get the third degree from Wade. "Are you stealing that Mom?" "Why did you just take that Mom?" "Did you ask someone Mom?" A blubbered some type of explanation but in my mind this helped make up for #1. A little.

4. Hotel hallway floors are HARD. But where else are you supposed to hang out with you husband and eat your PB&J dinner after the kids are asleep? I refuse to eat in the bathroom. We've come a long way since our days of cruising the Caribbean. :)

Then we headed over to Toledo to spend a couple days with my parents and the Butlers. We missed my brother, Nathan, who had already gone back to Indiana. Nana & Papa wanted to take all the grandkids to Chuck E Cheese's one night... here they are with all 4 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment