I had the AWESOME PRIVILEGE of leading my first born to the Lord last week.
I'm not a crier. I didn't cry when I got married. I didn't cry when any of my kids were born. But I cried buckets when Wade told me he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart!
The boys & I were hiding out in the basement during a tornado warning last Wednesday. Lately Wade has been pretty curious about death. He wanted to know all about the "rock gardens" that we drive by... cemeteries. So when we started talking about tornadoes he said said something like ~ it's okay, if we die we'll go to heaven and we'll be able to fly (? cool! ?), everyone goes to heaven. I started explaining that not everyone goes to heaven, etc, etc, etc. We talked about Jesus and the cross. And by the end of the conversation he wanted to pray with me! That's when the waterworks started.
I told him that he had just made the single most important decision of his life. I know that he doesn't understand that right now but I pray that someday he will! I pray that he stays close to Jesus his entire life and chooses to serve Him in a way that only he has been designed to do.
I've been struck by something as I sit here and type this. I have such a passion to see my kids come to Christ. I share my faith so easily with them. I take every chance I get to point them to Christ. Why doesn't that intense passion cross over to other people I know? People who so desperately need a Savior. I pray that I am changed by this experiece as much as Wade.
I love you little man and I am so proud of you!
(Sitting here reading this with chills all over. So awesome, Kristen. So awesome.)
ReplyDeleteI'm gettin a little teary eyed...maybe its cause I just watched the season finale of Glee??
ReplyDeleteAnd the only reason I feel comfortable posting that is because me and Ky • twopretzels.com up there are the only one's who comment!
Awesome, Kristen! How incredible to have that sweet privilege. I'd cry buckets, too. There can't possibly be any experience greater than that.
ReplyDeleteNate you're making me laugh. Way to go Mr. Wade!
ReplyDeleteYou're such a great mom, Kristen, and what a remarkable little guy Wade is. He is going to be a leader in this world and an outstanding person for Christ. I can understand why you cried!
ReplyDelete