We've reached the three month mark!! And what a month it's been.
Poor Park caught a cold/cough from his big brothers. Wade & Jake got better within a couple days but Park had been coughing for two weeks now!! He sounds absolutely horrible. It's the worst at night and right after he eats - he coughs and coughs and coughs and coughs and coughs! So needless to say we've been up a bunch at night (we meaning Park & me - not my dear husband) and I'm tired. And I just feel horrible that I can't make it better. If the cough doesn't clear up in the next couple days his doctor wants to do a chest x-ray. Poor little fella.
We've also found out that Park has blocked tear ducts. His eyes are constantly one big, green, goopy mess. And I'm the type of mom (ask my family!) that is forever picking on my kids faces ~ eyes, nose, ears... I hate it when kids have crusty faces!! So this is majorly annoying for me. It has the potential to clear up on its own but if not he will need to have a quick, surgical procedure to open up the ducts. I had the same thing as a baby and the doctor said it's hereditary, so I guess it's all my fault!
In better news, sweet, chubby Park is now laughing!! He especially loves to be thrown (gently) up in the air. He will laugh and laugh! Colby always freaks out when I do this because he says I'm too clumsy to be throwing an infant in the air. That's probably true but I love the giggles.
Parker is also trying out the exersaucer and bumper jumper for short periods of time. I think it wears him out trying to hold his head up so he doesn't usually last too long in them. We've also busted out some toys for him. He especially loves the little elephant that his big brothers gave him when he was born. The little man is growing up! We've also moved to a 3 1/2 hr schedule which cut one feeding out of our day. His 7:30 bedtime now lines up with Wade's and Jake's which has been really nice.
Poor Park caught a cold/cough from his big brothers. Wade & Jake got better within a couple days but Park had been coughing for two weeks now!! He sounds absolutely horrible. It's the worst at night and right after he eats - he coughs and coughs and coughs and coughs and coughs! So needless to say we've been up a bunch at night (we meaning Park & me - not my dear husband) and I'm tired. And I just feel horrible that I can't make it better. If the cough doesn't clear up in the next couple days his doctor wants to do a chest x-ray. Poor little fella.
We've also found out that Park has blocked tear ducts. His eyes are constantly one big, green, goopy mess. And I'm the type of mom (ask my family!) that is forever picking on my kids faces ~ eyes, nose, ears... I hate it when kids have crusty faces!! So this is majorly annoying for me. It has the potential to clear up on its own but if not he will need to have a quick, surgical procedure to open up the ducts. I had the same thing as a baby and the doctor said it's hereditary, so I guess it's all my fault!
In better news, sweet, chubby Park is now laughing!! He especially loves to be thrown (gently) up in the air. He will laugh and laugh! Colby always freaks out when I do this because he says I'm too clumsy to be throwing an infant in the air. That's probably true but I love the giggles.
Parker is also trying out the exersaucer and bumper jumper for short periods of time. I think it wears him out trying to hold his head up so he doesn't usually last too long in them. We've also busted out some toys for him. He especially loves the little elephant that his big brothers gave him when he was born. The little man is growing up! We've also moved to a 3 1/2 hr schedule which cut one feeding out of our day. His 7:30 bedtime now lines up with Wade's and Jake's which has been really nice.
Here's some pics!
All three 
3 months old
Here we are trying to take a cute video of Park but he just wants to continue doing what he does best!
3 months old
Here we are trying to take a cute video of Park but he just wants to continue doing what he does best!
Smiling chubbiness
can't bellieve he's THREE MONTHS already! craziness. and he's already in the bumper jumper and exersaucer. makes me a bit sad. i need to see him asap!! and i can just see wade and jake pottying at the same time. hilarious!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, 3 months already?!?!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie pie, K. Really.
I hope the cough goes away soon so that BOTH of you feel better - and so that you can get some sleep.
I'm sorry about the blocked tear-duct thing. A friend of mine has a little boy who just went through the procedure and it was super-easy and wah-la -- now he's better.
Keep posting the pics - love seeing them!